Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

So I think I'm having an identity crisis.  It hit me the other morning as I dropped off the last piece of paperwork to the attorney that for basically my entire adult life I've been a wife.
Think about that.  Take a moment to ponder that for me.  How 1960's do I sound?!  It's true though...I feel like I need to burn my bra or something...
I've never not been a wife...in the grand scheme of things.  So now I'm left with this blank canvas of sorts....I get to figure out me, my life, my direction.  I no longer have to follow the "further the man's career" line of thinking....and holy crap it's unsettling. Who the hell am I? Yeah yeah, I'm a mom...but who am *I*???  I have to unlearn things I've become so accustomed to...and relearn things and learn new things and omg I think I'm going to be sick....and not only do I have to do all that, I have to do it within a court ordered time frame (which ironically enough coincides with me turning 40...)

Maybe this is why martini's and pills were so common place way back when?  

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the butterfly that emerges. And love that our "marriage" has proven to last over time AND distance!

    ReplyDelete