Friday, January 22, 2010

Cycles of the Moon

*Let me first preface this entry and say, if you are male you may want to walk away.  Think of this blog post as that aisle at the grocery store with all the pads and tampons...you're curious, but not enough to go poke around there....

My oldest started her period today.  We (and when I say we, I mean me and all the "Aunties") have been tracking the mood swings for months.  Today we were rewarded for all that hard work (really, it took a lot of fingers and toes people).
She took it like a champ, my darling fantastic butterfly girl.  Her only comment on the entire happening was "mom, I'm not liking this whole period thing."  That's my girl.

So today I welcome my daughter into the Red Tent and into the Sisterhood.  You're in great company butterfly girl!

3 comments: