Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome to the Petri Dish...

I decided this morning that I am my own little science experiment.  Due to lack of funds and more importantly good health insurance I was unable to refill a prescription.    For what you ask?  Ahhhh...I call them my crazy pills, but I'm not really crazy.  I'm not.  Stop it, I'm really not.
Moving on....
So I couldn't fill the Rx and decided to "budget" the pills I had left out.
Oh yeah, that was really freaking bright of me...I'm a bright bright shining star, that's for sure.
So day one I didn't take one...gee I felt fine I thought, lemme go 2 days.  Still fine, but there was this nagging thing in my brain...what was it...oh yeah, WORRY.  By day 3 I was worrying about people I didn't even know...you, the lurking reader...yep, I worried about YOU.  I worried about running out of gas, I worried that the car ahead of me might run out of gas, I worried that some little ol' lady in Wisconsin may have run out of gas.
On day 4 I was dizzy, had a headache and was a raging bitch.  
I took a pill.
Little ol' lady in Wisconsin?  Yeah, you're on your own now.

2 comments:

  1. OH, you are crazy. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not crazy, but take it from me...you do need your meds! i have been on and off 14 of those anxiety-reducing/mood disorder/anti-depressant/anti-anxiety-type/underlying whatever-you-want-to-make-up-and-call-it thingamajigs for 6 years now....the going on and off is the worst part aside from trying a different brand or branch of medication only to find that the side-effects are far worse than whatever symptoms you were originally experiencing that made you think you were crazy or out-of-balance in the first frikkin place!!!!!!!!!! i have finally (thank goodness) found the one that works for me and i feel great and things have been on the up and up for a year now (and let me tell ya' the past year has been far from easy!!) good luck to you...i would never wish the pain of trial and error of medications on my worst enemy...ok, that's enough as i am totally babbling at you (most likely attributable to the two glasses of cabernet)

    ReplyDelete